Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Story Behind the Ring

24th March 2011 was the date to remember~

It was Thursday evening at Alamanda Putrajaya, when my friends and I saw the Habib booth prior entering the mall from the parking lot. We went Alamanda after a long day attending a workshop at PKD Putrajaya. The main reason we went there was to eat Burger King as I wanted to treat a friend of mine for willingly attending a workshop for me the coming weekend. Furthermore, my friends wanted to buy movie tickets for the coming weekend *Merong Mahawangsa*.

I had never worn a ring before as I didn't want make an impression of having a special one. Usually, wearing a ring on fourth@ring finger means that either you're engaged or married. For Malays, wearing a ring on your left hand is for engagement and on the right hand means that you're married. However, things change as time goes~ Nowadays people wear them as accessories.

There are a few reasons I bought and wore a ring on the ring finger of my left hand:
  • It was cheap: rm149 per gram. It was an offer price from Habib. They offered rm9 off per gram. The price before discount was rm158 per gram. My first instinct told me it was a good bargain~
  • It happens to be really nice on my finger~ My new loved accessory~
  • So that people would think that I have a special one. Lately, guys tend to give me the attention I don't need. Especially at my workplace. I hate attention from guys. It's so unnecessary.
  • I want the indonesian security guard to think that I'm engaged. There's this particular guy I wanted to avoid. At first he greeted and smiled every time I happen to pass by. But now; he would come into the clinic and stare when I'm in sight. At first, I didn't realize he was staring until my superior informed me. She said "Mariam, the security guard was watching you from the beginning till end" LOL~ I'm not an artist nor a beauty queen you have to stare. Damn him~
On that weekend, I went home and showed it to my mother. She was shocked at first. She asked me the reason of having the ring. I told her my story and she agreed. My dad on the other hand was a bit disappointed. I joked that I'm married. His response was "Innalillahiwainnailahirajiun"....haha

Having this ring is one of the best thing to have.
p/s: I'm not a gold digger~ yikes!

"As fewer and fewer people have confidence in paper as a store of value, the price of gold will continue to rise." - Jerome F. Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment